Thursday, March 22, 2012

Piglets

Four nights ago I got the opportunity to be a part of something incredible.  My sister Liz, and her pig Honey, were about to have piglets.  She asked if I would come photograph the experience and of course be there to support her during the birth as she had never done anything like this before.  Honey went into labor on Thursday afternoon, I stayed at work for most of the day, but little piglets were all I could think about!  I left early as I did not want to miss a thing!  When I got there Honey was in serious labor, breathing heavy, and working through her contractions, I was so impressed.  There was no screaming, or demanding an epidural...go Honey!!  My daughter Maya wanted to be a part of this as well, so my husband picked her up and brought her over after she got done with swim practice.  Well, Maya and my sister went off to go do...something...I don't recall what.  But I stayed with Honey, took some photos of her, and just stayed by her side.  Well I just so happened to take a peek and there were little piglet feet coming out!!!  I yelled for the girls and they came running!  I could not believe my eyes, I was watching a pig give birth, and it was the most beautiful thing I had ever witnessed.  Pig and beautiful in the same sentence....never would I think I would ever utter those words!!  I want to thank my sister for allowing me to be part of such an amazing thing...we laughed, cried, and bonded like never before.  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment